Welcome from the Taekwondo Union of New Zealand President
It is with great pleasure that we invite you and your members to participate in the 2019 TUNZ Top of the South Championships. This event is being held on Saturday 26th October 2019 at the Marlborough Lines Stadium 2000, Kinross Street, Blenheim.
The tournament is expected to attract competitors from UNION member clubs and other Taekwondo organizations throughout New Zealand. This is a one-day event including:
Pairs and Team Poomsae competition
To ensure that competitors are not disappointed, Instructors must check that the correct information is entered on all entry forms.
All entries must be received by 5 pm Friday 11th October 2019.
Late entries will incur a late fee of $10 per person.
Competitors withdrawn after October 18th will forfeit their entry fee.
Points that need to be noted by all Instructors and competitors:
1. It is compulsory for all fighting competitors to comply with WT Kyorugi Rules.
2. ALL Kyorugi competitors are required to wear protection equipment including both shin and instep guards/sparring socks.
3. It is recommended that all competitors must have gloves as a precaution against injury.
4. The Daedo system will be used for ages 13 and up Green Belt Blue Tip to Black Belt Kyorugi events. Competitors must wear the Daedo Electronic sparring socks. Each competitor must supply their own pair of Daedo Sensor socks. These can be ordered from Auckland Martial Arts (www.amas.co.nz).
5. No head contact for competitors aged 12 years & under (i.e. under 13 years of age).
We are sure that this year's TUNZ Top of the South Championships will be as successful as previous years and with your input it will be an event to remember.
Yours in Taekwondo,
PRESIDENT TAEKWONDO UNION OF NEW ZEALAND